miðvikudagur, janúar 12, 2005

marchesa

In my travels I found this picture:



This was a famous woman, someone who liked to provoke. And she is wearing a fabulous hat. I'm more intrigued by her dog, however. He is not very interested in the painting of this portrait. There is something off to the left that has caught his eye (though not, it would seem, his ears), but he looks like he knows better than to try to investigate; the leash is very short and the collar very broad and high. I am a little sad for him.

I very much like the white toes on his left hind foot. I rather hope that the Marchesa did too, or even more so that the Marchesa liked the rest of him as well and that the inclusion of those white toes, a clear violation of the silky black dress code here in force, is a sign of that affection.

Engin ummæli:

 
Hvaðan þið eruð