fimmtudagur, maí 12, 2005

hávamálhreinsun

Behold! The Hat has stumbled upon a new Icelandic málhreinsun site run in large part, as was Málþvottahúsið, by a Dutch-speaking enthusiast of Icelandic. The seemingly paradoxical creation of háfrónska by Lowlanders should presumably not trouble us. It does not trouble the málsmiður himself.

The site is good fun. The names for animals are of course my favorite part, and I am glad to see that the tapir has been dubbed ranasvín, though all the misgivings previously stated in connection with crocodiles still hold. And where are the coati? I am sure I saw them called, in television subtitles, nefbirnir, but I have been unable to confirm this.

Much of the propagandistic stuff to be found under 'Art' triggers my allergy to the worship of the trinity of clean-pure-native, but the image of Jónas Hallgrímsson and Fjallkonan astride a motorhjól (afsakið! hjólfákur) is helvíti svalt ..... jafnvel fokking kúl.

Engin ummæli:

 
Hvaðan þið eruð